Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Decadent Addiction

This craving that I almost always have: to mutter, to scream, to write, to bleed words is so strong, so intense, so insistent that I sometimes feel like I will explode if I let everything go by without jotting down the wonderful things, the exquisite words or the stinging and biting rhetoric that I happen to hear in my everyday engagements. My mind goes numb as I urticate trying to find the right consonants and vowels in my head. Yes, it is a constant struggle --- gathering all the abbreviated thoughts I mean to write. But when everything has been written down, when everything is said and done, that's when I get to enjoy the god-like satisfaction of writing.

And silently, oh so silently, I listen to the liberating sound of my thudding heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment