Saturday, January 14, 2012

Living life in Spain

Tapa n. pl. tapas A variety of small savoury Spanish dishes, often served
as a snack or with other tapas as a meal.

I am looking forward to tomorrow's trip to town. Since it's a Sunday and Monday is a holiday, we decided we're going "tapa" hopping (known as "el tapeo" in Spanish). We've tried this escapade before when we just got here, but it didn't really work out because we didn't have our car yet at that time and we had to walk from our hotel to town just to get to the little bars on the strip. By the time we reached town, it was already time for the stores and bars to close for their siesta. So it was kind of a failure the first time we tried doing it. However, tomorrow's date with my son and my hubby is well-planned. Plus, we already have our car here so we do not have to walk a couple of miles or so just to get to town.

My mouth waters just thinking of those damn good appetizers my co-workers keep on talking about at work. I imagine myself savoring the taste of every dish in front of me while sipping a drink or two of sherry wine. In one of our tours two weeks ago, our favorite tapa dish was deep fried peppers. I love those things. As a matter of fact, I could have eaten more than one serving of those. They are delicious! But of course I am pretty sure there's more to discover tomorrow. Oh, yeah. Utterly looking forward to a wonderful dining experience in the middle of these vibrant Spaniards.

No comments:

Post a Comment