Sunday, January 15, 2012

Moored

I woke up this morning deliberately snuggled next to you. Your protective arms were holding me in the most delicate way; your legs tangled with mine. There, at that moment, when I looked at you while you were in deep sleep, I realized that I am you and you are me. We have become one.
It is a great feeling. It is a comforting sensation. You and I living life as mates. I couldn't imagine myself living without you. I mean, I know I could... but it wouldn't be the same.
So here's the thing... I still get tickled by how my knees feel like jello when you kiss my nape or when you brush the edges of my face with your fingertips. I still blush when you give me a compliment. I still feel giddy when you kiss me without inhibitions. Funny that we have been together for eleven years now and I am not sick of you yet. That was one of my fears before we got married - that we would fall out of love after a few years. So far, we're still crazy about each other. And I have my fingers crossed that we would stay like this forever... now and in the next lifetime. Would you search for me there? I would. And who knows we might just get lucky. We might just be mates again. We can only hope, eh? Thinking of it that way just warms the cockles of my heart. I am here... sighing in contentment, wanting to laugh and cry at the same time in knowing that I have you and you have me.

No comments:

Post a Comment