Sunday, January 15, 2012

Wandering Rain

Sometimes I wonder if a time would come that I would finally settle down in one place - build a home, claim ownership on things, establish long-term friendship with neighbours, etc. I wonder how that would turn out. Maybe I'd get the hang of it. But then again, would I find that adventurous enough? The truth is: I am a gypsy and I love living the life I lead right now. I (with my hubby) do not own a house I can call my own because I tend to move after a few years of being in a certain location. I get all antsy when my three year mark comes up. What's with that?

I remember a neighbour in Illinois when we used to live in that brick ranch off Highway 51 telling me once over a barbecue party that she could never in her life imagine leaving her home, moving somewhere else at a drop of a hat and leave everything behind including family and friends. She said she couldn't even muster the courage to move to another state. Dear sweet Wanda. I respect her for that, for being loyal to her roots and all. We all have our ways. We do the things that make sense to us - be it eccentric to some or even if it is the simplest thing on earth. Me, I am all about hitting the road all the time. I am all about traveling and taking in a mishmash of different cultures. It's hard to explain, but I really do get that thrill of experiencing a wildly-chaotic-yet-beautiful-in-it's-own-sense hopping around the globe escapade. Yes, I do dream of one day finding a place I can finally call home, but right now I am content with this search, with this ever-changing experience of a life-time. I am all up for this ride. And so is my mate, and so is my son. That's all that matters to me because I know I can conquer everything with these two guys on my side. I would move anywhere even to the far-flung corners of the world as long as I am with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment