Sunday, January 15, 2012

Rubbish

It's been a while since I had written anything. Indeed, shame on me. I dunno what happened. I guess I got a little busy with all the crazy things going on with the move and all. Don't even think for a second that I did not miss blogging. I sure did! But I did not have a laptop with me. I just couldn't write without my laptop. I'm glad my hubby finally decided to get me a new one instead of waiting for our old one which is still in transit (by sea) as I write this blog. So I guess I'm back to writing. My sister's been bugging me about this, too. I guess this is my way of updating her on what's going on with us.
Moving on then.
First thing, I am glad that I was just in time to get off my old ship before the hurricane hit the East Coast. Otherwise, we'd still be stuck in VA right now. And the worst part of that would be me being on the ship, underway, trying to ride it out. To my old family on the IWO, I hope you guys are just fine.
In case you do not know it yet, we are officially out of the United States. We have been in Spain for almost a month now, but this place still amazes me no end. Of course I constantly think I lucked out getting this billet here. For me and my family, it's just like winning the lottery.
Today is one of those days that my heart is just fat with contentment. As we were driving around base earlier today, we noticed AGAIN for the umpteenth time how beautiful this side of Spain is. I do not understand why some people would consider this paradise a boring place. (Yeah, do you believe that? I mean, come on! That is almost blasphemous to my ears.) Maybe its the laid-back lifestyle that some hyper folks just couldn't take. Maybe it's too slow for them. Or maybe some people are not used to being "un-Americanized". That's I guess the reason why they have to move off base - so they would always have time to experience the chaos of being always in the middle of some partying till morning neighborhood. Yes, the Spanish folks know how to party. I would've loved it back when I was in my younger years. I do not want that kind of lifestyle now though. Over the years, I have calmed down. The things that I treasure the most now include - sitting at the library cafe while sipping our cafe con leche, walking in flip-flops on narrow "calles" when the sun is just about ready to set, ensconcing my butt on white sand beaches while watching tourists go by, etc. Yes, I find tranquility in all those simple things I just mentioned. And I think after leading a somewhat hectic schedule back when we were in the States, I think we deserve this. Do not, do not, do not think otherwise.


I have more to say, but it can wait until next time. I just wanted to let you guys know that I am still around and I have not forgotten you. Ta ta for now. Or I guess I should say Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment