Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dreamer

My name is Rain and I am a dreamer.
I know. We all dream. A close friend of mine dreams of owning a BMW. Another friend dreams of settling down in NY as a freelance writer. A co-worker dreams of owning her bakery shop.
Mine is simple. It is so simple you would think I am the lamest, dull, predictable, and most boring person on earth. But it is what it is - this dream still presents itself to me from time to time. It may sound corny to others, but it is what my heart desires. And I do not think anybody is qualified to judge the content of my dream. So here goes...
I dream of parking mine and my family's bones in a tiny-dot-on-the-map, tropical island. I want to have a little house by the beach and have a hammock outside where I can rest my old bones when I am feeling tired. That is all. Nothing else. Actually, there's one more thing. I just want to not go to work anymore. I don't want to be a bum. I guess the word is "retired".
The thing is, I love simple things. I am not fond of the word "complicated". Everything works for me when I go for something small, something irrelevant, something inconspicuous, something simple. I find peace in all that.
Easy does it.
Now if I have a magic wand, then that's a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment